Sapphire Light Oral Cancer Screening
Early detection is the most effective first step in treating any cancer. In the case of oral cancer, we offer the best early detection system in our office.
Sapphire’s advanced light technology helps detect oral abnormalities. The process is painless and non-invasive. It give us the opportunity to see beyond what traditional visual inspection can identify. This can provide us with an early warning in the event an abnormality is seen.
An annual oral cancer screening is one reason why regular dental examinations are recommended for all adults.
Approximately 25% of oral cancer cases have no known risk factors.
~ American Dental Association
Common Risk Factors
* Tobacco use
* Frequent alcohol consumption
* More common in men than women
* Greater risk after age 45
* Prolonged exposure to sunlight (lip cancer)
* Human papillomavirus
(young adults now at increased risk)
* A diet low in fruits and vegetables
Reasons to Get Screened
* Early detection could save your life
* Discovery of non-apparent oral lesions
* Greater accuracy in diagnosis and treatment
* Insurance coverage
* Painless procedure
* Takes only minutes
* Low-cost procedure